- Ensure schools have the resources required to meet the needs of all children, including those with learning and other disabilities.
- Solve the teacher shortage without sacrificing the hiring of highly-qualified educators and improve accessibility to school psychologists and counselors.
- Ensure that a college education is affordable for Minnesota’s students and expand access to job training in areas where Minnesota’s employers indicate a need.
- Protect our waterways from contaminants and fight for 25 percent improvement in water quality by 2025.
- Build on the success of prior renewable energy standards and work toward a higher standard of 50 percent by 2030.
- Encourage the continued growth of clean energy jobs.
Criminal Justice & Safety
- Support common sense legislation that increases our safety, such as closing loopholes that allow prohibited persons to purchase firearms without background checks.
- Expand victims’ rights and support sexual violence prevention efforts.
- Work toward criminal justice reform, especially laws and practices that disproportionately impact people of color.
- Hold people who commit hate crimes accountable.
- Protect a person’s right to choose who to love, what to do with their body, and how to worship.
- Work to provide health care for all Minnesotans because health care is a human right.
- Make improvements to the Affordable Care Act in Minnesota, such as allowing Minnesotans to buy individual coverage from MinnesotaCare.
- Ensure that our senior citizens, veterans, and the physically and/or mentally impaired have the services they need.
Jobs, Economy & Transportation
- Promote affordable housing, infrastructure investment, and a well-trained workforce to attract and retain businesses.
- Invest in transportation to ensure Minnesotans’ safety and reduce congestion.
- Encourage businesses and educators to work closely to meet the needs of employers.
- Promote living wages and eliminate wage disparities for women and people of color.
- Meet the needs of working families by ensuring the availability of high-quality child care.
- Oppose efforts to eliminate workers’ rights to collectively bargain.
- Increasing medical costs and living expenses limit retirees’ ability to save for their future. In addition, retirees are at an increased risk of abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.
- I will support legislation that improves reporting and investigation of crimes committed against our seniors, and I’ll be closely following the results of the task force that the Governor has just created to address these issues.
- The Legislature should support robust home health care services for seniors.This not only increases access to care, but it also prevents the need for more expensive care settings.
- Better transit options are needed for the seniors living in our community.
- Maintain close contact with you to gather your views on key issues, so I can ensure your voice will be heard at the Capitol.