- Ensure schools have the resources required to meet the needs of all children, including those with learning and other disabilities.
- Improve accessibility to school psychologists and counselors and support our teachers in addressing the mental health needs of their students.
- Ensure that a college education is affordable for Minnesota’s students and expand access to job training in areas where Minnesota’s employers indicate a need.
- Protect our waterways from contaminants and fight for meaningful improvement in water quality.
- Build on the success of prior renewable energy standards and work toward a higher standard of 50 percent by 2030.
- Encourage the continued growth of clean energy jobs.
Criminal Justice & Safety
- Support gun violence prevention legislation that increases our safety, such as closing loopholes that allow prohibited persons to purchase firearms without background checks.
- Expand victims’ rights and support sexual violence prevention efforts.
- Work toward criminal justice reform, especially laws and practices that disproportionately impact people of color.
- Protect a person’s right to choose who to love, what to do with their body, and how to worship.
- Work to provide health care for all Minnesotans because health care is a human right.
- Expand the ability of Minnesotans to buy individual coverage from MinnesotaCare.
- Ensure that our senior citizens, veterans, and the physically and/or mentally impaired have the services they need.
Jobs, Economy & Transportation
- Promote affordable housing, infrastructure investment, and a well-trained workforce to attract and retain businesses.
- Invest in transportation to ensure Minnesotans’ safety and reduce congestion.
- Encourage businesses and educators to work closely to meet the needs of employers.
- Promote living wages and eliminate wage disparities for women and people of color.
- Meet the needs of working families by ensuring the availability of high-quality child care.
- Oppose efforts to eliminate workers’ rights to collectively bargain.
- Support robust home health care services for seniors to increase access to care, allow seniors to age in place, and prevent the need for more expensive care settings.
- Explore better transit options for the seniors living in our community.
- Maintain close contact with you to gather your views on key issues, so I can ensure your voice will be heard at the Capitol.